Kolmannskuppe is open daily 8:00-13:00, same as the coffee and the curio shop.
Guided tours take place:
Mondays to Saturdays at 09:30 & 11:00
Sundays & Public Holidays at 10:00
A guided tour takes 45-60 min. and and is offered in English and in German.
Groups can join the normal guided tour, or book a private tour which can be arranged for a different time (min. 6 participants, pre-booking required, click "group bookings" to see options available).
The "day pass" gives you access between 6:00 and 19:00 and is ideal if you want to take pictures at sunrise and sunset.
• Kolmanskop is situated in the diamond area (Sperrgebiet / forbidden territory)
• Entry requires a valid permit. Your ticket is your permit.
• Normal permit allows entry until 13:00. Day passes allows entry from sunrise to sunset (amateur photographers only).
• No entry allowed between sunset and sunrise – no night time photography.
• Entry at own risk
• The Kolmanskop permit only allows you to enter the Kolmanskop area only. No people allowed beyond the boundaries into the mining area. Trespassers will be prosecuted.
• Only Ghost Town Tours guides may conduct guided tours through Kolmanskop.
• No drones allowed.
Online sales close 48 hours prior. If sales are already closed, please send a message to kolmans`