Kolmannskop is open daily 8:00-13:00, same as the coffee and the curio shop.
Guided tours take place:
Mondays to Saturdays at 09:30 & 11:00
Sundays & Public Holidays at 10:00
A guided tour takes 45-60 min. and and is offered in English and German.
You can also use the audio guide to take a tour at your own pace.
Groups can join the normal guided tour, or book a private tour which can be arranged for a different time (min. 6 participants, pre-booking required, click "group bookings" to see options).
The "day pass" gives you access between 6:00 and 19:00 and is ideal if you want to take pictures at sunrise and sunset.
• Kolmanskop is situated in the diamond area (Sperrgebiet / forbidden territory)
• Entry requires a valid permit. Your ticket is your permit.
• Normal permit allows entry until 13:00. Day passes allows entry from sunrise to sunset (amateur photographers only).
• No entry allowed between sunset and sunrise – no night time photography.
• Entry at own risk
• The Kolmanskop permit only allows you to enter the Kolmanskop area only. No people allowed beyond the boundaries into the mining area. Trespassers will be prosecuted.
• Only Ghost Town Tours guides may conduct guided tours through Kolmanskop.
• No drones allowed.
The ticket price incl. a free download of the Kolmanskop audio guide.
When you buy a ticket, we will send you an email with a code to download the Kolmanskop audio guide free of charge. The download code is also available at the Kolmanskop entrance.
Online sales close 48 hours prior. If sales are already closed, please send a message to kolmans`